Senior Process Engineer
The Process Engineer is an enterprising individual with a broad range of skills, who is personally and professionally motivated to drive continuous economic, mechanical and process improvements. This person primarily assists the Engineering Department, while also supporting and responding to requests from the Operations, Quality and Sales. Projects can range from pilot scale testing to new plant design and construction. Safety, product quality and continuous improvement of processes are paramount concerns.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains overall understanding of process capability & capacity.
- Ability to create mass and thermal balances quickly and thoroughly for existing and new chemical processes.
- Preparing scopes and budgets for projects and ensuring their completion within cost constraints and timelines.
- Develop and support relationships with contractors, vendors, local and state regulatory agencies, building permit agencies, or others, to effectively and efficiently implement projects.
- Assist in new system P&ID designs, updating existing P&IDs, and sizing any equipment (valves, pumps, etc)
- Develops calculations, procedures, reports and equipment designs for projects.
- Identify, develop, implement, and provide technical resources and guidance to assure completion of approved cost reduction and quality improvement projects.
- Supports troubleshooting long term process / production issues.
- Ensures usage of process related best practices & standards.
- Participates in safety programs and initiatives.
- Ensure that the manufacturing processes can be operated in a safe and stable manner.
- Lead and/or participate in process control, variation reduction and waste reduction projects.
- Conduct capacity optimization projects of existing processes.
- Lead new product introduction scale-up.
- Lead new process start-up and commissioning.
- Conducts commissioning and startup activities.
- Participates in plant inspections and walkthroughs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 10+ years relevant experience in chemical or process design engineering field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multi-level projects.
- Ability to work across multidisciplinary team to accomplish complex and dynamic goals.
- Ability to effectively navigate CAD, excel and other software’s as required.
- Ability to travel to support projects and plant operations.
- Ability to work with and use chemical process equipment including instruments, pumps, mixers, control systems and other components involved in industrial processes.
- Hands on work ethic.
The Ability to:
- Travel domestically 1-2 weeks each month.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to RECRUITING@usalco.com