Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, USALCO® supplies high quality products with best-in-class service and industry-leading research and development to design solutions that meet its customers’ individual needs and ever-changing regulatory requirements.
Foundation Based on Innovation
In 1980, USALCO’s founder Lawrence Askew had a revolutionary idea that involved a better process for creating Sodium Aluminate, thus forever changing the aluminum based chemical marketplace. So, what makes our process distinct?
- Our customer-focused facility for a former captive-use manufacturer, long before people ever considered outsourcing.
- We utilized alumina tri-hydrate wet filter cake, a more economical raw material than dry alumni tri-hydrate, in the manufacture of sodium aluminate.
Today, this material is used to manufacture the majority of products in the aluminum-based chemistry family, including aluminum sulfate and polyaluminum chloride. It was the atmosphere around these early innovations that sparked the creative, customer-driven culture that best characterizes USALCO®.
USALCO® recognizes our responsibility to help protect the planet. We are committed to minimizing the impact our firm has on the environment while continually improving our environmental performance and supporting global environmental sustainability. Our environmental-footprint strategy seeks to address greenhouse-gas (GHG) emissions and waste across our entire operation. We will encourage our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
USALCO’s team of leaders brings rock solid experience and on a daily basis affirms our commitment to the company’s customers, employees, and communities. Our leadership team is focused on executing our strategy of delivering maximum stakeholder value each and every day. Effective leadership at USALCO® isn’t only about getting results. It’s about getting results the right way.
Our Core Values
Our values drive our behavior and serve as a compass for our business operations and every decision we make.
- Safety: We care about the physical, social, and emotional well-being of others and put safety first; this will always be our number one priority. No job is so important or urgent that we cannot take the time to work safely and respectfully with those around us. Our commitment to safety includes environmental stewardship and compliance with all regulations and laws wherever we operate and extends to the security of our sites, workplaces, and systems from a physical and cyber perspective.
- Integrity: We exhibit high moral and ethical principles in our work. We behave in a manner that demonstrates trust, honesty, courage, consistency, transparency, and responsibility with a willingness to admit our mistakes.
- Customer-Focus: We always seek to add value for our customers and continuously improve for their benefit and ours. We maintain close, collaborative relationships with our customers and work in partnership with them by understanding and anticipating their needs.
- Teamwork: We foster an atmosphere of collaboration and acknowledge that our greatest achievements are a result of our combined efforts. We work hard and strive for excellence and continuous improvement every day in everything we do. We recognize and accept the fact that, while teamwork requires us to practice interpersonal skills such as patience, humility, and openness, and a commitment to invest time with each other, we achieve more when we collaborate and work together than as individual contributors.
- Innovation: We develop solutions to unsolved problems and improve existing solutions. We continuously look for and encourage creative thinking to make opportunities for process improvement and more cost-effective sustainable products and services, which provide value to both our Company and our customers.
- Results: We are a fact-based, data-driven organization. We recognize the importance of gathering, analyzing, utilizing, and safeguarding information to help us make well-informed decisions. We believe that a high degree of commitment and an ownership mindset drives the performance and results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- Respect for People: We embrace diversity, equality and the inclusion of all cultures and opinions through trust and respect and we value the uniqueness of individual talents, experiences, and ideas. We treat each person as we would want to be treated and we build relationships through authenticity, openness, and transparency.
USALCO® Delivers Quality, Value and Flexibility
USALCO® has a long history of developing close relationships with customers in order to create innovative and flexible customer solutions. These unique capabilities and services are what sets us apart from other chemical manufacturers:
- Research & Development – USALCO’s elite staff of engineers and chemists create products that address ever-changing environmental regulations.
- Logistics – By offering an effective combination of company-owned, owner-operated and contract carriers, USALCO® is able to provide customized, safe and reliable transport options to meet customer needs.
- Assurance of Availability – Most of USALCO’s product lines are available from multiple plant sites to ensure a quality product is delivered in a timely manner.
We continually strive to be at the forefront of developing products that meet customer requirements and help to achieve compliance in the ever-changing regulatory landscape. USALCO® has a stellar reputation as an innovator in the chemical industry, developing many new chemical and manufacturing technologies over the years. We hold numerous patents, including those related to our DelPAC and AlcoPAC brands.
USALCO® is committed to the implementation and operation of a comprehensive safety and health program. Management and employees work together to ensure that safety and health risks are reduced to the lowest possible levels, and that personnel are protected through proactive programs such as the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP).
A Broad Reach
Our company headquarters in Baltimore, Maryland is the site of the largest aluminum coagulant manufacturing plant in North America. USALCO® owns and operates 27 plants across North America, from California to Puerto Rico.
Click on color wheel to view an individual plant's product line.