Process & Automation Engineer
USALCO, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of an established, successful, and growing supplier of alumina-based intermediates to Fortune 500 as well as other industrial and municipal accounts. The Process & Automation Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager, and the position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter who:
- Is a solid, secure and effective manager of people, processes and projects.
- Versed in Siemens TIA Portal, S7 PLC platform and process programming.
- Deliver conceptual and detailed designs for specific project requirements.
- Will provide regular, timely written and verbal reports to colleagues at all organizational levels, using an effective, low-key communication style.
The holder of this staff position must be an enterprising individual with a broad range of skills, who is personally and professionally motivated to drive continuous economic, and process improvements. This person primarily assists the Engineering Manager, while also supporting and responding to requests from the Plant Managers, as well as the Project Management departments. Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing scopes and budgets for projects and ensuring their completion within cost constraints and timelines.
- Originating CAD-type drawings or other design documents to successfully meet project requirements.
- Ensure all control project maintenance is preformed and including secured backed up.
- Develop, test and maintain projects to ensure proper operational control.
- Forecast improvement actions to ensure current technology and reliability.
- Developing support relationships with contractors, vendors, local and state regulatory agencies, building permit agencies, or others, to implement projects effectively and efficiently.
- Working with operating personnel to improve quality, efficiency and operating effectiveness of equipment at all plant sites to meet maintenance budgets.
- Increasing profitability, efficiency and productivity through technology, personnel training, and process improvements.
- Meeting all safety requirements of job functions being performed and ensuring that reporting personnel and contractors follow all OSHA safety standards.
- Conducting training and providing ongoing support to managers and operations staff on equipment installation and usage.
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills while building productive employee relationships.
- Providing appropriate performance analysis and reports and justifications for projects and maintenance programs.
A relevant undergraduate major in engineering with at least 5 years of appropriate experience and a history of expanding achievement and increasing responsibilities. The right individual has a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com