USALCO Baltimore Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of
aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of
catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude,
the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role and improved performance of the
Baltimore maintenance team
The employee in this position will be:
- An excellent communication with the people skills necessary to motivate and instill trust and confidence of
- A team player who is at their best when working with others to develop and manage the day-to-day
- A creative and entrepreneurial thinker who also values and inspires creative, entrepreneurial thinking in
- Personally, and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the
company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency to support plant and business initiatives, as
well as consistently strive to increase the safety, the quality, and the productivity of the site.
- Able to work independently or with others on site to meet organizational goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
1. Provide overall leadership and ownership to continuously improve the maintenance and facility functions in
2. Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the maintenance function at Baltimore. Key items:
a) Is a solid, secure and effective manager of people, processes and projects.
b) Is knowledgeable and competent in process equipment typically used in the chemical industry
c) Can pro-actively manage small and large projects up to $10 million.
i) Preparing scopes and budgets for maintenance & projects ensuring their completion within cost
constraints and timelines.
d) Can manage the needs for production, quality and safety being mindful of the financial, mechanical and
e) Developing support relationships with contractors, vendors, local and state regulatory agencies, building
permit agencies, or others, to effectively and efficiently maintain and operate the plants.
f) Working with operating personnel to improve quality, efficiency and operating effectiveness of
equipment at all plant sites to meet maintenance budgets.
g) Conducting training and providing ongoing support to managers and operations staff on equipment
installation and usage.
h) Maintaining maintenance and capital budgets and project cost records, and approving invoices from
suppliers to meet accounting control needs.
i) Providing appropriate performance analysis and reports and justifications for maintenance and project
3. Increase quality, profitability, efficiency and productivity by continuously improving technology, personnel
training and process improvement.
4. Seek out cost savings through continuous improvement activities.
5. Strive to consistently meet/exceed our customer service standards by ensuring prompt and accurate
completion of service requests and by researching and resolving service issues and implementing long term
6. Communicate and enforce facility environmental, health and compliance requirements staff and
7. Recruit, manage and develop employees using approved processes for interviewing, hiring, motivating,
training and performance evaluations.
8. Must understand the employee roles and be prepared to “step-in” and perform their duties during vacations
9. Must be able to work overtime, off shift and weekends as needed.
10. Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant Engineering fields
- At least 1 or more of the following Certifications/Licenses:
o A minimum Level 2 Maryland registered Stationary Engineer License with the ability to obtain a
Level 1 within 9 months of hire
- At least 10-years of progressive experience including the supervision of employees or 20 plus years of
progressive Maintenance & Facilities experience including management will be considered without the
- Chemical-preferred, Pharmaceutical or Food manufacturing environment
- Siemens Programmable Logic Control (PLC) a plus
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products requires
- With continuous improvement tools including Lean, 5S, Six Sigma preferred.
- With PaperSave, Great Plains, MP2 and Samsara preferred
- Effectively maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting the following systems and equipment. The list
below is not to be considered all-inclusive but a general overview of items on site.
The Ability to:
- Must be able to wear a APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift
- Routinely traverse the ~20 acre site to various buildings
- Routinely must traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms as high as 150’ without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces
- Obtain a forklift license upon being hired
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com