Capital Project Manager
USALCO, LLC is in search of a Capital Project Manager that can manage a variety of projects across all company facilities. The projects range from simple equipment replacements to major renovations. Candidates can be located in Baltimore, MD, Fairfield/Cincinnati/Columbus, OH, or Houston, TX.
- Prepare and maintain scope, budgets, and schedules for projects assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents for all disciplines.
- Create or modify CAD-type drawings or other design documents to successfully meet project requirements.
- Develop relationships with contractors, vendors, local and state regulatory agencies, building permit agencies, or others, to effectively and efficiently implement projects.
- Work with operating personnel to improve quality, efficiency and operating effectiveness of equipment at all plant sites to meet maintenance budgets.
- Meet all safety requirements for responsible job functions and ensure that reporting personnel and contractors follow all OSHA safety standards.
- Conducting training and providing ongoing support to managers and operations staff on equipment installation and usage.
- Maintaining capital budgets and project cost records, and approving invoices from suppliers to meet accounting control needs.
- Contact vendors obtaining quotes, evaluating pricing and issuing Purchase Orders to procure equipment or services required for the project.
- Coordinate with outside engineering firms, internal resources, and consultants in the development of all necessary project documentation.
- Provide appropriate performance analysis, reports and justifications for projects and maintenance programs.
- Travel to and from onsite projects as necessary.
- Work with and establish relationships with plant operations’ team members to further communication between departments.
- Identify and implement process improvements that will increase profitability, efficiency and productivity.
- For small projects, be capable of generating design and scope of work documents encompassing multiple disciplines.
- BS degree in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- PMI certification desired but not required.
- Minimum 5 years as a Construction Project Manager in the chemical industry with increasing responsibility over successful projects.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Process/Mechanical Engineer from an AEC firm.
- Ability to create, manage and report on budgets and schedules in an ongoing manner.
- Understanding of how to use MS Project for schedule tracking and maintenance.
- Ability to create scope of work and RFQ documents to vendors and contractors.
- Financial responsibility exceeding $5,000,000 for individual projects.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands quickly and notify the relevant stakeholders of the impacts of said changes.
- Manage project teams, contractors, vendors, and all other relevant stakeholders from the initiation to the closure of projects.
- Provide open communication with stakeholders to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ability to use AutoCad.
- Ability to identify and provide resolutions for construction activities to keep projects moving as fast as possible.
- Ability to travel extensively as needed with return trips back to Baltimore. Travel may vary from a few days to 6 plus months.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time depending on the scope of the projects.
- Ability to track and organize project documentation, including but not limited to, change orders, requests for information, safety inspections, QA, punch lists, permits, and other documents as necessary.
- Have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards. Not afraid to “get hands dirty” while performing duties.
- Ability to work in active chemical plants around operating equipment in hazardous environments.
- Ability to develop scope of work or construction requirement documents when limited or no prior documentation present.
The Ability to:
- Travel domestically frequently each month.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com