Tractor Trailer Driver
The person in this role is responsible for driving USALCO tractor-tankers in a safe manner over all types of roadways to make deliveries to our customer sites, with those sites ranging from large cities to small towns. This position requires a self-motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
• Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
• Maintains effective communications with Transportation, Manufacturing, Safety, and our customers.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual who works well with all people and departments.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
1. Meet all safety requirements of job functions being performed, including the wearing and proper utilization of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
2. Work in accordance with all DOT and USALCO standards and policies, including hours of service, pre-
/post trips, etc.
3. Perform all tasks required in loading and unloading of chemical products sold by USALCO. This includes but is not limited to product transfer, quality analysis, quality documentation and customer required certificate of analysis.
4. Attend monthly safety meetings.
5. Communicate in a professional manner with all USALCO employees, contractors and other vendors, and our customers.
6. Maintain professional appearance at all times while wearing a company uniform.
7. Work closely with the site management team and employees to determine needs and priorities.
8. Must be able to work overtime, provide physical labor and work changing shifts as required to meet business requirements.
9. Must be willing and able to transport USALCO branded products safety across state lines, as needed.
10. Must be willing and able to perform other none driving housekeeping and safety related tasks when directed by you supervisor.
11. Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Requires organizational and planning skills.
Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
Must pass a road test administered by USALCO.
Must be able to complete and maintain a driver’s log book / on-board computer with electronic logging system.
Must have a TWIC card or obtain one with in 90 days after hire date (company pays for TWIC card).
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 21 years of age.
Hold a current Class A CDL with Tanker and Hazardous Materials endorsements.
Driving record of 3 + years with no accidents or moving violations.
No DUI or DWI. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The Ability to:
Routinely lift 80 to 100 pounds and to handle 2’ to 3’ diameter by 22’ lengths of product delivery hoses.
Routinely climb up and down to load racks and tankers for loading and venting/unloading purposes.
Routinely traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters.
Work inside confined spaces, as needed.
Must pass and maintain a current Interstate DOT Class A driver medical card.
Must be able to pass DOT Drug and Alcohol pre-employment test and any random required DOT drug test after employment.
Must be able to sit and drive a standard or automatic transmission for the duration of your assigned shift and in compliance with DOT driving guidelines.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org