Site Administrative Assistant
The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities.
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role.
- Assist and reply to requests from supply chain management, transportation, accounting, sales, and human resources in a timely manner.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and to support plant and business initiatives, as well as consistently strive to increase the safety, the quality, and the productivity of the site. The individual in this role must be able to work independently or with others on site to meet organizational goals. Safety, Quality, and Productivity are paramount concerns.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all Site safety rules, work guidelines/practices, and procedures are followed while performing duties.
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Answer phones, sort mail, use and maintain copier and other office equipment as needed.
- Prepare shipping packages with proper Load Order or Bill of Lading, Safety Data Sheets and Labels.
- Communicate with transportation companies for coordinating pick up of freight.
- Assist in processing driver payroll and required reporting for part time employees.
- Process Bill of Lading (BOL’s), email shipping documents to customers as required.
- Organize and process miscellaneous paperwork to ensure compliance with all guidelines and regulations.
- Working in Paper Save to add, review, code or process invoices and reconcile petty cash receipts if required.
- Ordering office and other supplies for site.
- Provide temporary coverage during vacations for other roles within other office departments such as transportation.
- Must be available to work overtime, off shift and weekends as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to work independently and as an intricate component of a team environment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- AA degree in Business Administration or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2-year prior experience with administrative roles.
- Minimum of Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Experience with PaperSave, Aptean Ross.
The Ability to:
- Routinely sits 80 to 90% of shift.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel information, and company processes and strategies.
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of this position.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Kduncan@usalco.com