USALCO Baltimore Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The position reports to the Production Supervisor or Production Manager depending on shift allocation. The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role, process improvements and take full responsibility for collaborating with management and peers to implement approved changes in a timely manner.
- Can efficiently operate and maintain chemical processes and equipment to meet manufacturing specifications and achieve maximum productivity without compromising safety or quality.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual with chemical manufacturing experience, significant mechanical aptitude, and a high level of computer literacy. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and to support plant and business initiatives, as well as consistently strive to increase the safety, the quality, and the productivity of the site. The individual in this role will be assigned responsibilities in all areas of plant operations, including product manufacturing, equipment maintenance, analytical testing, bulk loading and unloading, and utilization of the company computer systems. Safety, Quality, and Productivity are paramount concerns.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Apply all plant Safety and Quality rules, work guidelines / practices, and procedures.
- Ability to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment required for the job.
- Perform all the Chemical Operator responsibilities in your area of expertise.
- Lead trainer for new hires or process transfers to ensure employees can effectively and consistently perform their role.
- Assist in production scheduling and maintaining inventory levels to meet customer demand.
- Assist in developing employee schedules and handling all call outs to ensure coverage of the process.
- Respond to Site upset conditions, investigating the incident and determining the need to call in maintenance after hours. Requires access to the parts room.
- Initiate all Safety incident/accident/near miss investigations and Quality Nonconformances.
- Lead interface between drivers and transportation.
- Ensuring Primary Visual Display (PVD) boards are accurate and up to date for the shift.
- All Housekeeping audits are performed, and corrective actions implemented.
- Ensure Production Supervisor or Manager is aware of general shift productivity and any disciplinary/corrective actions that need to be initiated.
- Communication via email to all Site supervision as needed to keep everyone informed of any upset conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer – Basic college coursework in subjects such as math, chemistry, and statistics.
- Minimum of 5-10 years Chemical manufacturing experience and significant mechanical aptitude.
- Hand and power tools on equipment in the field or on a work bench.
The Ability to:
- Must be able to wear an APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as required.
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift
- Routinely traverse the ~20-acre site to various buildings
- Routinely must traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms as high as 150’ without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of shop
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com