Senior Quality Manager
An excellent career opportunity awaits as the Sr. Quality Manager for USALCO, who could be located in Baltimore, MD, Houston, TX, or Cincinnati/Fairfield, OH. This position will report to the Sr. Director, HSE&Q and will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance for the department, working to improve core processes, and managing projects. They will accept ownership of ensuring the staff is developed in all areas of quality assurance. This person will also work to develop a clear understanding of the business and technical aspects of the quality assurance function to support the entire organization. This position will also engage with the leadership team to provide end to end support for the business. He/she will establish and drive the overall Quality strategy and culture in the organization.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
The Sr. Quality Manager is responsible for developing a strategic approach to the corporate Quality and material management process for the purchase of direct and indirect goods and services. In this role, the successful candidate will manage the overall Quality of goods and services for the enterprise; develop and/or update Quality policies and procedures; and assist in the deployment of a corporate Quality Management System and Management Operating System that will drive organizational maturation. The Sr. Quality Manager will have responsibility for the review and continual improvement of policies, procedures and systems that support the company’s acquisition of materials, management of goods and services for internal use.
- Develop & deploy world-class Quality strategies and functional expertise in the organization.
- Accountable for ensuring the organization is practicing a standard quality management system.
- Leadership accountability will be focused on driving Quality compliance improvements that ensure full compliance with all customer, governmental, and USALCO requirements.
- Serve as a role model in the areas of quality, safety, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, and product stewardship to ensure alignment with the company’s vision and goals.
- Help define and develop the company wide management operating system (MOS).
- Develop robust plans to reduce product safety risks for USALCO.
- Incorporate continuous improvement at all the sites using USALCO’s management operating system (MOS) activities.
- Help define quality control strategy and identify creative solutions through complex global projects.
- Define a set of quality key performance indicators (KPIs) and track organizational improvement progress.
- Assure and assist in the timely completion of quality documentation, including but not limited to inspection check sheets, SPC charts, process flow diagrams, management of change forms, process control plans, root cause analysis, customer complaint documentation, capability studies, and preventive and corrective actions.
- Promotes, develops, and implements quality assurance procedures supporting process owners and systems to improve and maintain quality.
- Accountable for conducting periodic internal audits of respective business sites to assure compliance with USALCO’s quality requirements.
- Ensures the company maintains its NSF certification and compliance requirements and acts as the organizations single point of contact.
- Manage efforts and oversee internal quality audit program, customer audits, and supplier audits.
- Lead or participate in significant quality related incident investigations and root cause analyses.
- Assist in resolving potential quality non-compliance matters.
- Coach and mentor site Quality resources.
- Serve as the primary contact for Quality related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference in chemistry, biology, environmental science, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality with managing ISO based quality systems.
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in the chemical industry.
- Ability to travel.
- Skilled in influencing cultural change and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing, and improving quality systems.
- Certified in assessing, identifying and resolution of root causes of problems and inconsistencies.
- Solid analytical and computer skills.
- Experienced with TQM or ISO quality management systems.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated experience in championing and leading quality audits.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Previous management experience in a specialty chemical, or food and pharmaceutical industry environment.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com