USALCO Mentor Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The person in this role is responsible for coordinating and executing the production activities for the Mentor Site, while assuring compliance is achieved in all company associated policies. The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Maintains superior communications with Engineering, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Quality, Transportation, and outside vendors.
- Can efficiently manage personnel, chemical processes, and equipment reliability to meet manufacturing specifications for maximizing productivity without compromising safety or quality
- Will actively seek out opportunities for process improvement and take full responsibility for collaborating with management and peers
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual with operating and administrative experience. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for all distribution, manufacturing, operational, and quality improvement functions. The person must possess excellent communication and people skills necessary to motivate and instill trust and confidence of others. The person will be team player who is at their best when working with others to develop and manage the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing facility. Finally, the individual will be a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who also values and inspires creative, entrepreneurial thinking in others.
This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities, and work cooperatively to support production and business initiatives. Safety, Quality, and Productivity are paramount concerns.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Overseeing the safe and efficient production of finished goods including production planning, employee supervision, raw material planning, record keeping, quality control and finished goods distribution.
- Complete daily lab analysis of production samples through various testing methods in order to direct operations in process controls.
- Increasing quality, profitability, efficiency and productivity through technology, personnel training and process improvement.
- Supervising materials management and production and the inventory control process.
- Seeking out and implementing cost savings through a continuous improvement culture.
- Striving to consistently meet/exceed our customer service standards by ensuring prompt and accurate completion of service requests and by researching and resolving service issues and implementing long term solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards (NSF, ISO, etc.) in the areas of process control, materials control, purchasing, and product identification & traceability.
- Communicating and administering facility safety and environmental compliance.
- Recruiting, managing, and developing employees using approved processes for interviewing, hiring, motivating, training and performance evaluations.
- Working directly with Site and EH&S Manager to ensure security of site is maintained.
- Providing operational support to personnel on site as needed to ensure customer demands are met.
- Working overtime and provide physical labor as required to meet business requirements.
- Performing other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to meet daily and weekly production schedules.
- Knowledge of warehousing, and inventory control processes.
- Must be dependable, flexible, and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and Mathematical aptitude.
- Strong writing skills.
- High School Diploma required
- A BS Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or Technical degree preferred will consider others based on relevant work experience
- 7 to 15 years of progressive manufacturing, Production Management and transportation experience will be considered without the required degree.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years hands on Production Management experience
- Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food manufacturing environment, preferred
- NSF and ISO processes with procedure and audit experience
- Ability to effectively work with Microsoft Office Applications at a high-level proficiency
The Ability to:
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 50% of shift
- Routinely have to traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces, as needed
- Accurately and neatly keep records documenting production and operation details
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com