USALCO is has an opening for a Production Supervisor who will oversee and direct operations at the Chattanooga TN chemical manufacturing plant. The Production Supervisor will lead the facility to achieve key metrics such as Safety, Quality, Inventory, Delivery, and Cost. The Production Supervisor guides activities in cross-functional areas including production planning and control, total quality management, systems, manufacturing, equipment and facilities engineering, material management, and process reengineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of Production including production planning, employee supervision, raw material planning and logistics, production planning, quality control and finished goods distribution.
- Increasing quality, profitability, efficiency and productivity through technology, personnel training and process improvement.
- Supervising materials management and production and the inventory control process.
- Seeking out and implementing cost savings through a continuous improvement culture.
- Striving to consistently meet/exceed our customer service standards by ensuring prompt and accurate completion of service requests and by researching and resolving service issues and implementing long term solutions.
- Communicating and administering facility safety and environmental compliance.
- Recruiting, managing, and developing employees using approved processes for motivating and training.
- Implement processes, training, and record keeping to all personnel in production to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Works directly with Site manager to ensure security of site is maintained.
- Provide operational support to personnel on site as needed to ensure customer demands are met.
- Must be able to work overtime, provide physical labor and work changing shifts as required to meet business requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
- A strong knowledge of computer skills .
- A strong commitment to safety and environmental excellence.
- Experience in a chemicals manufacturing environment preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience directly supervising hourly employees.
- Experience in a 24/7 operating environment is a plus.
- Experience with specialty batch chemicals manufacturing is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment with strong focus on maintenance and plant operations year one critical success factors
- Learn the priorities necessary for delivering on 2022 Goals / Initiatives / Strategy.
- Implement 5S & Lean Program.
- Implement Maintenance Management System.
- Assess the plant’s skills, capabilities, and gap and develop appropriate action item plan.
- Develop a results-driven organizational culture with improved accountability on delivering results.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com