The Plant Operator position is responsible for job tasks that control, optimize, and produce the quality of chemical plant performance and products through process control in relationship to the production processes. The assignment also requires that all federal and state regulations be followed during the course of the work being performed in the facility. This position reports to the Production Manager.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all process involved with production.
- Monitors raw material and finished product inventories and reports to management as necessary.
- Charges required amount of raw materials as required by batch sheets.
- Follows batch sheets and records process data as required to make specification products.
- Conducts specific gravity and chemical analysis to monitor production status.
- Collects sample of each batch after completion for lab analysis.
- Transfers completed batches and adjusts the finished specific gravity of the tank.
- Operates filter and sends finished product to storage tanks. Cleans filter and prepares the system for next cycle.
- Maintains levels of storage tanks at safe levels, particularly during filter operation and reactor pump out.
- Communicates production status to on-coming shift.
- Assists with unloading of empty totes and drums from truck.
- Assists other operators as needed.
- Facilitates the upkeep, organization and maintenance of process equipment.
- Provides upkeep of grounds around Production area.
- Responsible for production of finished product. Strict adherence to established batch sheets and procedures is critical to achieving product specification.
- Responsible for the initiation and documentation of all technical information which may directly or indirectly relate to production. Included are the batch sheets, raw material information, tank levels, final adjustment of specific gravity, and the results of product analysis.
- Responsible for movement from the reactors through filtration and into the tank farm area.
- Responsible for the overall housekeeping and general maintenance of the production area.
- Responsible for using proper safety equipment making sure all safety equipment is in working order and, if not, promptly reporting any deficiencies to the production supervisor for immediate attention. Being in proper dress attire and always conducting themselves in a safe and proper manner.
- Responsible for the startup and completion of any special duties or tasks that may arise during the operation as required by the Production Manager or Plant Manager.
Broad job knowledge is required to perform somewhat complex duties in an environment that is mostly hot and dusty. Considerable physical activity including moving about stairways and platforms, lifting aluminum ingots, working in difficult, tight, and uncomfortable places, sweeping, shoveling and some heavy lifting may be required.
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to physically climb stairs and open / close manways on top of tankers.
- Must be able to pull, lift and carry 50-pound bags.
- The Operator must be able to perform basic math functions and have computer knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
All Personnel are required to participate in all Corporate Safety Training Programs and any site-specific safety training and policies.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com