USALCO, LLC is a major manufacturer of aluminum-based products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The Plant Manager position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day tasks,
- Efficiently manages personnel, chemical processes, and equipment reliability to meet manufacturing specifications for maximizing productivity without compromising safety or quality.
- Will actively seek out opportunities for process improvement and take full responsibility for collaborating with management and peers.
The holder of this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual with operating and administrative experience. The Plant Manager will be responsible for all distribution, manufacturing, operational, quality improvement, and transportation functions. The person must possess excellent communication and people skills necessary to motivate and instill trust and confidence of others. The person will be team player who is at their best when working with others to develop and manage the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing facility. Finally, the individual will be a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who also values and inspires creative, entrepreneurial thinking in others.
This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and to support plant and business initiatives. Safety, Quality, and Productivity are paramount concerns.
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the plant including production planning, employee supervision, capital and operating budgets, raw material planning and logistics, transportation planning, production planning, quality control and finished goods distribution.
- Increasing quality, profitability, efficiency and productivity through technology, personnel training and process improvement.
- Supervising materials management and production and the inventory control process.
- Seeking out cost savings through a continuous improvement program;
- Striving to consistently meet/exceed our customer service standards by ensuring prompt and accurate completion of service requests and by researching and resolving service issues and implementing long term solutions.
- Ensuring compliance with quality standards (NSF, ISO, etc) in the areas of process control, materials control, purchasing, and product identification & traceability;
- Communicating and enforcing facility safety and environmental compliance.
- Recruiting, managing and developing employees using approved processes for interviewing, hiring, motivating, training and performance evaluations.
- Implement processes, training, and recordkeeping of all personnel at the site to ensure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Ensure security of site is maintained.
- Provide operational support to personnel of site as needed to ensure customer demands are met.
- Provide physical labor as needed.
- Work changing shifts as needed.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Chemistry-related fields
- 5-10 years hands on Plant Management experience.
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment with strong focus on maintenance and plant ops
- Computer literacy (high level proficiency in Windows operating systems/XP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and other job related software and/or analytical tools).
- Knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and standards
- Understanding of Regulatory compliance
- Able to use creativity to solve complex problems
- Able to establish positive culture in operations facility and be an effective driver of change
- Able to lead, direct, and positively motivate others
- Able to identify, develop and encourage talent
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Graduate degree
The right individual has a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com