USALCO Michigan City Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The Office Administrator reports to the Plant Manager.
The position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day tasks,
- Can efficiently operate and maintain general office equipment and computers to meet the daily requirements of a chemical manufacturing site
- Effectively strives to improve efficiencies with company processes to better serve our internal/external customers
- Embrace the roll-out of the Ross ERP system. Provide guidance/support to the MC team as the on-site Ross expert.
- Approach tasks with a positive outlook and support the team where needed. Should have general knowledge of computer software and applications. Must be professional with all team members and have the ability to work with employees at all levels within the organization. Execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and commitment and perform at a high level of effectiveness.
- Support plant and business initiatives with a positive attitude and incorporate the initiatives on site.
- Support all areas within the operational business, including customer service, accounting, transportation scheduling, and production. Safety, quality and productivity are important components within this support function position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Answering phones and handling all initial customer inquiries.
- Composing and typing correspondence requiring ability to create and merge documents.
- Organizing and maintaining file systems for all departments.
- Collect mail daily. Submit invoices to AP in a timely manner.
- Ordering and maintaining inventory of office & safety supplies.
- Place orders requested by plant operators for operations supplies.
- Assisting in compiling and entering data for plant manager reports.
- Assisting in maintaining safety, quality, and regulatory transportation compliance systems.
- Assisting in maintaining raw material and finished goods inventory systems.
- Entering daily inventory (including batches, receipts, etc.).
- Conduct monthly inventory process.
- Entering Purchase Orders.
- Tracking railcars – Maintain railcar excel sheet daily
- Send invoices received on site to AP in a timely manner.
- Reviewing invoices from suppliers and vendors and coding in Papersave.
- Receiving and entering orders as needed in a timely and accurate manner to fill customers’ needs.
- Preparing BOL’s and other shipping documents as needed to properly ship customer orders. Completing orders in the system.
- Update the Ross ERP System as required by company policy.
- Provide temporary coverage during vacations for other roles within other office departments such as transportation
- Must be available to work overtime, off shift and weekends as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to communicate with others clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in written form
- Ability to work independently and as an intricate component of a team environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- AA degree in Business Administration or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 2-year prior experience with administrative roles
- Minimum of Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Teams
- Experience preferred with PaperSave, Aptean Ross
The Ability to:
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel information, and company processes and strategies,
- Routinely sits 80 to 90% of shift
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of this position
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com