Material Requirements Planner
USALCO® supplies high quality products with best-in-class service and industry-leading research and development to design solutions that meet its customers’ individual needs and ever-changing regulatory requirements.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced supply planner to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in supply chain management and a certification in the CPIM method of SIOP (Sales and Inventory Operations Planning). This opportunity involves interacting with 27 facilities and corporate management to optimize supply planning. The right candidate could be located in either Baltimore, MD or La Porte, TX.
- Develop and maintain accurate supply plans based on demand forecasts and inventory levels.
- Develop monthly factory by factory master production schedules (MPS).
- Collaborate with procurement, plant managers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Monitor and analyze supplier performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and implement effective inventory management strategies that align with supply plans.
- Monitor and analyze inventory levels to ensure optimal stock levels and minimize stock-outs.
- Conduct regular supply planning meetings with cross-functional teams to review supply plans and adjust as needed.
- Provide regular supply planning reports to senior management and stakeholders.
- Manage scheduling purchase requisitions and coordinating with procurement.
- Optimize, tracking and report out the company’s current inventory. Establish safety stock levels for raw materials.
- Develop and issue full reports using various data visualization techniques on companies areas of vulnerability, inefficiency, and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyzing available data from demand planning, inventory reports and other resources
- Recommending changes to the way the company handles inventory.
- Anticipating factors that might influence demand, such as seasonal slowdowns or upcoming promotions.
- Maintaining enough inventory to meet demand without overstocking.
- Collaborating with operations, production, and other supply chain department team members to establish, lead times and manufacturing strategies (MTS or MTO)
- Utilize any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and manage inventory accuracy
- Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- CPIM certification preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply planning, with a strong understanding of supply chain management principles.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with Alteryx is a strong plus.
- Experience with Aptean Ross is a strong plus
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
- Prefer experience with materials planning in the chemical manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
If you have a passion for supply chain management and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we want to hear from you!
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com