USALCO Baltimore Production, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The person in this role is responsible for packaging, labeling and loading manufactured products while assuring compliance is achieved in all company associated policies. The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Effectively communicates with Supervisor and peers
- Can efficiently package and load manufactured products
- Can operate a fork truck to unload and load raw materials and finished products
- Will actively seek out opportunities for process improvement and take full responsibility for collaborating with management and peers to implement approved changes in a timely manner.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual with material handling experience and significant mechanical aptitude. The Material Handler is responsible for the safe and efficient packaging and loading of manufactured products. The person must possess excellent communication skills necessary to keep Supervisor and peers informed of scheduling and order completion. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the plant equipment.
- Apply all plant safety rules, work guidelines / practices, and procedures
- Wearing and maintenance of personal protective equipment required for working with hazardous chemicals
- Developing and applying improvements in processes, equipment and procedures
- Daily Responsibilities:
- Complete walk-thru of the plant and equipment to audit safety/housekeeping
- Load box trailers with finished dry products
- Follow formulas for filling IBCs and drums
- Assist in loading/unloading trailers with products
- Unload raw materials as needed
- Complete Certificates of Compliance for loaded trailers
- Complete all paperwork accurately including batch sheets, packaging counts and bills of lading
- Maintain and communicate PVD Board information with the other shifts
- Complete MP2 work requests for maintenance issues
- Inspect plant equipment daily and report any issues to Supervisor
- Learn the responsibility and operation of the bagger to operate as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime, provide physical labor and work changing shifts as required to meet business requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Requires planning skills to prioritize daily packaging requirements
- Must be able to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of chemical equipment and fork lift operation
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to utilize and perform minimal computer tasks in MP2, RFQ, Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook Must be able to wear a APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as required.
- Must be able to obtain Fork Lift License through USALCO within 30 calendar days of being hired.
- Must be able to learn the bagger operation within 60 calendar days of being hired.
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food manufacturing environment, preferred
- Material Handling experience
- At least 6 months of prior forklift experience required
The Ability to:
- Must be able to wear a APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as required.
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift
- Routinely traverse the ~20 acre site to various buildings
- Routinely must traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms as high as 150’ without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces, as needed
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com