Manager, Product Safety and Stewardship
An excellent career opportunity awaits as the Manager, Product Safety and Stewardship of USALCO’s business, which is headquartered in Baltimore, MD. This position will report to the Sr. Director, SHE&Q and will be responsible for providing regulatory support and guidance for all the Company’s product lines, both chemical intermediates and finished products. This position will monitor, interpret, assess, and develop compliance strategies to address emerging regulations that impact our capability to manufacture, market, distribute, import, or export our products.
This position is a key member of the Leadership team and will be the organization’s first SH&E point of contact of our products throughout the different stages of the product lifecycle and will work collaboratively with functional leadership team to establish product development and testing protocols.
• Responsible for providing regulatory support and guidance for all the Company’s product lines, both chemical intermediates and finished products to include the following:
o GHS Compliant Labels
o EPA FIFRA Registrations
o State Pesticide Registration
o Prop 65 review and compliance
o USMCA certificates of origin
o Regulatory Compliance Forms
O REACH Compliance
O DOT AND NMFC (NATIONAL MOTOR FREIGHT CLASSIFICATION) SYSTEMS
• Creating and managing Safety Data Sheet (SDS) requirements, domestic and international regulatory compliance, facilitating vendor disclosures, coordinating required data submission for Company product registrations/certifications, and responding to customer inquiries.
• Managing and enhancing the Company’s product stewardship program, processes, and operating procedures to ensure raw materials, chemical intermediates, and finished products comply with the applicable US, state/local & international regulations and conform with relevant consensus standards, voluntary guidelines, and 3rd party certification requirements.
• Developing and reporting key statistics for third party voluntary organizations such as the American Chemistry Council (ACC) and Local Community Advisory Panels.
• Monitoring, interpreting, assessing, and developing compliance strategies to address emerging regulations that impact our capability to manufacture, market, distribute, import, or export our products in target domestic and global markets.
• Conducting regulatory assessments of product formulations, new product reviews, raw material classifications, including compliance with TSCA regulatory requirements, California Proposition 65 requirements, and similar regulatory requirements, and preparation, review, and maintenance of SDS and labels for our supply chain and for Company products.
• Subject matter expert (SME) for product regulatory requirements including labeling, hazard communication, and product exposure/risk assessments from a business standpoint.
• A key resource for product safety questions and work collaboratively with R&D personnel to establish product development and testing protocols.
• Facilitating maintenance of regulatory and composition disclosures from raw material or component manufacturers and issuance of Company Product Regulatory Disclosures to customers.
• Collaborating with R&D/product development, business leadership, legal, sales, and procurement to support new product launches and expand target product market opportunities.
• Coordinating required data submission for Company product registrations and certifications.
• Meeting with customers and concerned citizens about health and product safety aspects of USALCO products.
• Assisting with development and maintenance of USALCO product/product safety website
• 5+ years of product stewardship, industrial hygiene, hazard communication, chemical safety, or regulatory affairs experience
• Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, Environmental Science, Health and Safety, or Industrial Hygiene required.
• Experience with SDS preparation, chemical labeling, and chemical data reporting requirements
• Project management and problem-solving skills Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in detail where required but also to elevate, understand and manage within the ‘bigger picture.’
• Able to manage with ambiguity and autonomy.
• Excel at simplifying complex operational issues and turning data into actionable insights using data visualization.
• Strong project leadership, strategy development, process design, and change management skills.
• Passion for driving continuous improvement; mature existing processes, systems, etc.
• Lead and solve complex organizational problems with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate and communicate effectively both crossfunctionally and with executive leadership, senior management, peers, and team members.
• Proficient with MS Office, MS SharePoint, WERCS system (labeling) & KHA Online (SDS)
• Certified Professional Product Steward (CPPS) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred.
• Experience with NSF compliance and auditing is preferred.
• Prior coursework or industrial experience with Toxicology is a plus.
• Knowledge of Responsible Care Product Safety Code preferred.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com