USALCO, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp, and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The position requires a motivated, detail-oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role and improved performance of the USALCO transportation team
The employee in this position will be:
- An excellent communicator with people skills necessary to motivate and instill trust and confidence of others.
- A team player who is at their best when working with others to develop and manage the day-to-day transportation function.
- A creative and entrepreneurial thinker who also values and inspires creative, entrepreneurial thinking in others.
- Personally, and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency to support plant and business initiatives, as well as consistently strive to increase the safety, the quality, and the productivity of the site.
- Able to work independently or with others on site and at our remote plants to meet organizational goals.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Provide overall ownership to continuously improve the transportation/logistics function throughout all USALCO plants through data analytics of overall fleet performance and transportation operating cost.
- Set up Transportation Dashboards and monitoring of KPI’s to ensure that cost and performance expectations are being met including Driver Scorecards.
- Seek out cost savings and continuous improvement activities to ensure short and long term goals are being met and developing ongoing savings opportunities.
- Help lead transformation of the Logistics/Transportation department and to implement new network optimization modelling throughout the company through data analytics and least cost modelling solution.
- Strive to consistently meet/exceed our customer service standards by ensuring prompt and accurate completion of deliveries through measurement of OTIF performance.
- Work with Outside 3 PL and 4 PL providers to make sure that they are performing to our standards and expectations. Work with them on forecasting and on time delivery performance.
- Be primary backup of Logistics Specialist and must have a good understanding of fleet management. Must understand the employee roles and be prepared to “step-in” and perform their duties during vacations and holidays.
- Be able to work overtime, off shift and weekends as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form
- Good Logistics Business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain, Data sciences, or Analytics
- 2-3 plus years of Logistics and/or Data Analytics experience
- Experience with continuous improvement tools including Lean, 5S, Six Sigma preferred.
- Expert Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Power BI, & PowerPoint
- Experience with Aptean/Ross, PaperSave, Great Plains, and Samsara preferred
The Ability to:
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of transportation.
- Travel will be 5-10 percent per year.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com