USALCO, LLC – Baltimore is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market, and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently perform to very high standards.
The person in this role will assist laboratory personnel with duties that include, but are not limited to, preparing, packaging & shipping product samples. Responsibilities will include properly disposing of samples, labeling samples and reagents, cataloging, organizing and sorting samples, reagents, equipment, data, and research documents. The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities,
- Effectively communicates with Supervisor and peers,
- Can understand laboratory testing procedures and equipment in a research lab environment.
- Will actively seek out opportunities for lab organization, safety, and cleanliness.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual. The employee is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of laboratory equipment. The person must possess excellent communication skills necessary to keep Supervisor and peers informed of progress and problems. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Preparing, labeling and shipping product samples.
- Organizing and cataloging laboratory samples.
- Properly disposing of chemicals no longer needed.
- Cleaning & organizing laboratory spaces.
- Performing analytical tests.
- Calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Develop calibration curves, complete basic formulation and adjust measurements based on the needs of engineering
- Taking inventory of equipment and supplies
- Apply all plant safety rules, work guidelines / practices, and procedures,
- Wearing and maintenance of personal protective equipment required for working with hazardous chemicals,
- Assist in development and apply improvements in processes, equipment, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires planning skills to prioritize daily process operation.
- Must be able to pay attention to detail.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety and operating procedures
- Must be dependable, flexible, and organized.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong Analytical and Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively work with Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A High School Diploma or GED
The Ability to:
- Must be proficient in conducting titration.
- Experience with FT-IR, NMR, UV/Vis and hydrometer readings, preferred.
- Occasionally lift 50 to 75 lbs. during a shift.
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift.
- Routinely traverse the ~20-acre site to various buildings.
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com