Industrial Mechanical Technician
USALCO Baltimore Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalyst of oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
We are seeking a reliable industrial maintenance mechanic that incorporates safety and quality into ensuring that all equipment and machines at our facility function optimally. The industrial maintenance mechanic’s responsibilities include but not limited to identifying faulty equipment, making relevant adjustments to machinery, performing regular preventative maintenance on all equipment and communicate issues/problems to staff.
- Ensuring all procedures and processes adhere to health and safety regulations
- Ability to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment required for the job.
- Maintaining and installing all mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Fabricating parts for repairs by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment
- Performing regular Preventative Maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation
- Using CMMS for work order documentation
- Must be able to work overtime and rotating “On-Call” duty to cover off shifts and weekends
- Ability to operate or obtain a forklift license upon being hire
- Performing other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives
- High School Diploma or GED
- Any combination of education, training and experience in welding, mechanical and plumbing skills are preferred
- Must be dependable and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers
- Experience working in a chemical, pharmaceutical or food manufacturing environment
- Team player and willing to work with minimal supervision
- A minimum 2 years of progressive industrial maintenance experience
The Ability to:
- Must be able to wear a APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as required.
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift
- Routinely traverse the ~20 acre site to various buildings
- Routinely have to traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms as high as 150’ without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Kduncan@usalco.com