Dispatcher / Shipping Clerk – Day
USALCO Baltimore Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role and improved performance of the transportation department.
The Overnight Dispatcher schedules and dispatch drivers and equipment as needed to meet customer needs. Processes incoming Email Orders for customers delivers. Monitor electronic logging system over night on drivers and makes corrections when needed. Basic housekeeping duties to include stocking supplies for drivers. Coordinates breakdown of trucks and trailers with USALCO mechanics and outside repair vendors. Processes driver paperwork after driver’s complete runs. Works with plant employees to make sure trucks our loaded correctly with correct product. Monitor driver compliance with hour of service regulations, qualification requirements and pre/post trip inspection reports.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow all company policies and objectives in a safe and courteous manner.
- Strive to continuously improve the driver to dispatch and customer service experience.
- Coordinate and set up daily dispatch routes for all drivers in the Baltimore plant.
- Modified/change dispatching during shift to accommodate changing customer deliveries.
- Exceed Customer Service Interface responsibilities:
- Assisting with resolution of customer delivery issues and customer complaints in a timely manner
- Maintain accurate customer information in USALCO databases and software programs
- Process return product from customer back into the plant.
- Processing scanned Bill of Landings from drivers.
- Ability to coach drivers on the safe loading and unloading of trailers.
- Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations directly affecting our Drivers.
- Understanding chemical related products that USALCO manufactures.
- Monitor Electronic logging and assist with troubleshooting errors by drivers.
- Monitor and report on Driver performance.
- Equipment checks on trailers in yard.
- Work with manufacturing departments to ensure adequate inventory of materials for daily shipping needs.
- Perform monthly inventory counts, as needed.
- Must be able to work Rotating 12 hrs day shift and cover night dispatch for vacation relief and be able to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form and Provide exceptional customer service, and become an intricate component of our progressive team environment
- AA degree in Business Administration
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or Logistics Management, preferred
- Minimum of 5-year prior experience dispatching in 24/7 operation.
- Preferred Chemical/HAZMAT field dispatching.
- Minimum of Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with PaperSave, FRQ/ERP system, Great Plains and Electronic Logging Device, preferred
The Ability to:
- Routinely sits 80 to 90% of shift
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of transportation
- Less than 5 % travel
- Ability to traverse ~ 20-acre site in
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com