USALCO Houston Plant, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Will actively seek out opportunities to continuously improve their role and improved performance of the transportation department
The Dispatch Manager will be responsible for managing the daily activities of the company drivers Owner Operators, dedicated carriers, common carriers, dispatch team and the development of the daily shipping schedule at multiple USALCO plant sites. Candidate must possess excellent communication and people skills necessary to motivate and instill trust and confidence of others. The candidate will be team player who is at their best when working with others to develop and manage the day-to-day transportation function. Finally, the individual will be a creative and entrepreneurial thinker who also values and inspires creative, entrepreneurial thinking in others. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities with a sense of urgency and to support plant and business initiatives. Safety, Quality, and Productivity are paramount concerns.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Follow all company policies and objectives in a safe and courteous manner.
- Strive to continuously improve the driver to dispatch and customer service experience.
- Supervisor the daily activities of dispatch team and all company drivers, Owner Operators and outside carriers.
- This includes performing annual reviews and evaluations
- Coordinating routine performance review meetings
- Following and enforcing company policies and procedures
- Coordinate and develop daily dispatch routes for all drivers.
- Modified/change dispatching during shift to accommodate changing customer delivers.
- Processing scanned Bill of Landings from drivers.
- Ability to coach drivers on the safe loading and unloading of trailers.
- Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation Regulations directly affecting our Drivers.
- Understanding chemical related products that USALCO manufactures.
- Monitor Electronic logging and assist with troubleshooting errors by drivers.
- Equipment checks on trailers in yard.
- Work with manufacturing departments to ensure adequate inventory of materials for daily shipping needs.
- Perform monthly inventory counts, as needed.
- Must be able to work overtime, off shift and weekends as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires organizational and planning skills to effectively complete assignments.
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years prior experience with dispatching leadership.
- Preferred Chemical field dispatching.
- Intermediate Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with Paper Save, FRQ, Great Plains and Samsara, preferred
- Four-year degree in Business Administration or Logistics Management preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and 8 years of experience.
The Ability to:
- Routinely sits 80 to 90% of shift
- Be flexible with work hours to meet demands of transportation
- Travel will be less than 30%
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to Recruiting@usalco.com