USALCO Baltimore Production, LLC is a major unit within the manufacturing network of a leading provider of aluminum-based component products used in water treatment, pulp and paper manufacturing, the making of catalysts for oil refining, the housing market and other sectors. The right individual will have a “can-do” attitude, the ability to be part of a team while operating independently, and consistently performs to very high standards.
The person in this role is responsible for manufacturing chemical products while assuring compliance is achieved in all company associated policies. The position requires a motivated, detail oriented, and results driven team player who:
- Incorporates safety and quality into every decision while performing day-to-day activities
- Effectively communicates with Supervisor and peers
- Can efficiently operate chemical processes and equipment to safely manufacture quality products
- Will actively seek out opportunities for process improvement and take full responsibility for collaborating with management and peers to implement approved changes in a timely manner.
The employee in this position will be a positive-natured, task-oriented individual with chemical manufacturing experience and significant mechanical aptitude. The Chemical Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of plant processes and equipment. The person must possess excellent communication skills necessary to keep Supervisor and peers informed of process status. This person must be personally and professionally motivated to work constructively with team members at all levels within the company, to execute job responsibilities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBITIES:
- Overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the process or processes assigned, including the safe transfer of hazardous chemicals.
- Apply all plant safety rules, work guidelines / practices, and procedures
- Wearing and maintenance of personal protective equipment required for working with hazardous chemicals
- Developing and applying improvements in processes, equipment and procedures
- Daily Responsibilities:
- Complete walk-thru of the process and equipment to audit safety and housekeeping
- Perform quality assurance checks for manufactured products
- Adjust formulations to ensure finished products meet specifications
- Assist in loading trailers with products
- Unload raw materials as needed
- Complete Certificates of Compliance for loaded trailers
- Complete all paperwork accurately including batch sheets, run sheets and shift reports
- Maintain and communicate PVD Board information with the other shifts
- Complete MP2 work order requests for maintenance issues
- Inspect plant equipment daily and report any issues to Supervisor
- Must be able to work overtime, provide physical labor and work changing shifts as required to meet business requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned in support of business goals and objectives.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Requires planning skills to prioritize daily process operation
- Must be able to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing and equipment
- Must be dependable, flexible and able to respond on short notice to satisfy requirements of customers.
- Requires good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to clearly and succinctly communicate with others, both verbally and in written form
- Strong Analytical and Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to effectively work with Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to obtain Fork Lift License through USALCO within 30 calendar days of being hired.
- Must be able to learn the chemical operator position within 60 calendar days of being hired.
- A High School Diploma
- Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food manufacturing environment, preferred
- Chemical manufacturing experience
- Prior Forklift driving experience
The Ability to:
- Must be able to wear a APR (SCBA respirator system), pass Spirometry test and comply to wear one, as required.
- Routinely lift 50 to 75 lbs. throughout the shift
- Routinely stand 60 to 70% of shift
- Routinely traverse the ~20 acre site to various buildings
- Routinely have to traverse ship ladders, catwalks and close quarters
- Work at elevated platforms as high as 150’ without hesitation or fear
- Work inside confined spaces, as needed
USALCO is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. As a general policy, USALCO does not offer employment visa sponsorships upon hire or in the future.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com