Foundation Based on Innovation
In 1980, Lawrence Askew, USALCO’s founder, had a revolutionary idea that forever changed the aluminum based chemical marketplace. His idea was a better process for creating Sodium Aluminate. He built a business based on that process that was distinct in two ways:
- A customer-dedicated facility for a former captive-use manufacturer, long before people talked about outsourcing
- A process that utilized alumina tri-hydrate wet filter cake, a more economical raw material than dry alumina tri-hydrate
The use of alumina tri-hydrate wet filter cake in the manufacture of sodium aluminate truly revolutionized the international market and demand for this product. Today, this material is used to manufacture the majority of the products in the aluminum-based chemistry family, including aluminum sulfate and polyaluminum chloride. It was the atmosphere around these early innovations that sparked the creative, customer-driven culture that best characterizes USALCO.
USALCO Delivers Quality, Value and Flexibility
USALCO has a long history of developing close relationships with our customers to create innovative and flexible customer solutions. These unique capabilities and services are what set USALCO apart from other chemical manufacturers:
- Research & Development – USALCO’s elite staff of engineers and chemists create products that address ever-changing environmental regulations.
- Logistics – By offering an effective combination of company-owned, owner-operated and contract carriers, USALCO is able to provide customized, safe, and reliable transport options to meet customer needs.
- Assurance of Availability – Most of USALCO’s product lines are available from multiple plant sites to insure quality product is delivered in a timely manner.
Acquisition of Delta Chemical
In 2011 USALCO joined forces with Delta Chemical. Delta, like USALCO, was a family owned business with a long tradition of delivering aluminum chemical solutions to municipal and industrial markets. Delta’s greatest innovation was a patented process to make a unique polyaluminum chloride coagulant, DelPAC 2020. Since the mid 1990’s this technology has served as the foundation for the extensive DelPAC and Delta-Floc series of custom coagulants. Today these coagulants have become the products of choice in well over 1,000 water treatment applications throughout the US.
USALCO continues to enjoy steady growth by maintaining our core values in a customer driven culture. Each member of the USALCO team, whether they are part of manufacturing operations, R&D, technical support, sales, or company-owned Solutions Transport, works together seamlessly with one goal in mind…fulfilling our commitment to deliver quality products and results to the best of our ability.
A Broad Reach
Our company headquarters is in Baltimore, Maryland which is also the site of the largest aluminum coagulant manufacturing plant in the North America. USALCO also owns and operates plants in:
Michigan City, Indiana
Port Allen, Louisiana
Learn More About Us
Contact us today to learn more about how USALCO can provide solutions tailored to your operational and or regulatory needs.